Friday, April 19, 2013

Never Say Never


If you would have told me 7 or more years ago that when looking for a house, I'd be asking, and high on the checklist at that, "Does it have a sun room to contain the dogs leading off to a big fenced yard, and a place to put a doggy door?" I would have said you had completely lost your mind. And yet, here I am, giving up thousands of dollars of my housing budget making sure my 2 little furry brats are happy.  Who needs closets anyway??  Ohhhhh, that would be ME.  Oh, well....  

My Aunt Judy told me when I was about 20 that when I turned 40, I'd love a dog so much that it would sleep in my bed, just like what happened to her.  I said, "NEVER."  Instead, I beat her to it - I had a little girl that just HAD to have a puppy!  Before she was born, I asked that she look like me, act like Richard, and dislike dogs and cats as much as I did.  I got 0 of the 3.  Thanks a lot, God.  :)   

Today, I'm giving up precious storage square footage for the sake of the comfort of 2 dogs (and my sanity).  If that's not a lesson for "never say never," I'm not sure what is.  

Speaking of premonitions and "never say never," if you had also told me 7 or more years ago that I'd even be looking at other houses after finding my little dream home and having my little dream family, I would have said you had completely lost your mind for that, too.  And, yet, here I am.  When one dream ends, fall completely apart, then pull yourself together and dream a new dream.  Right??  Well, something like that. 

Soooooooooooo, NEVER say NEVER!!

(Just some random thoughts, it's been a while.........)     

No comments:

Post a Comment